Résultats de recherche : 1 - 30 de 1773

Couvent Saint-Joseph / Miscouche High School

1864 - Miscouche, Prince Edward Island

Dalton School

1934 - Tignish, Prince Edward Island

Saint Mary Convent / Saint Mary Academy

1868 - Summerside, Prince Edward Island

On October 3, 1868, the foundress and superior, Sister Sainte-Marie-de-la-Victoire (Marie-Louise-Rebecca Breadon) and Sisters Sainte-Catherine-de-Suède (Marie-Eliza Carbray) and Sainte-Berthe (Marie-Caroline Leclaire) arrived in Summerside and were received by Bishop Peter McIntyre of…

Notre Dame Convent

1857 - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

In 1857, Bishop Bernard Donald MacDonald asked the Sisters of the Congrégation de Notre Dame to open a school for girls in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. David Brennan, a generous benefactor of the parish, offered a piece of land and a house in which to hold classes and lodge the founding…

Our Lady of the Angels Convent

1868 - Tignish, Prince Edward Island

In 1866, Bishop Peter McIntyre of Charlottetown wanted the Sisters of the Congregation to come to the village of Tignish. He foresaw building a convent on land adjacent to the church. It would take two years to build. In 1868, three Sisters were sent by the Congrégation de Notre-Dame to provide…

Saint Augustine Convent

1882 - Rustico Sud, Prince Edward Island

In 1876, Most Reverend Peter McIntyre, bishop of Charlottetown, decided that the parish in Rustico, Prince Edward Island should have a convent school that would provide education in French.Father Rudolphus Peter McPhee, pastor of the parish, began the construction of the convent. Its location…

Saint Joseph Convent / Rochford Square School

1863 - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

In 1863, Notre-Dame Convent, founded by the Congrégation de Notre-Dame six years prior and located in the eastern part of the city, was the only Catholic school in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. The newly appointed Bishop Peter McIntyre, asked the Sisters of the Congregation to teach the…

Saint Mary Convent

1881 - Souris, Prince Edward Island

In 1876, at the request of Monsignor Peter MacIntyre, Bishop of Charlottetown, the parish priest of Souris, Father Donald Francis MacDonald, began planning the construction of a convent school for the Sisters of the Congrégation de Notre-Dame in his parish. The religious community provided the…

Stella Maris Convent

1940 - North Rustico, Prince Edward Island

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame

1874 - Saint-Louis-de-Kent, New Brunswick

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame / École Marguerite-Bourgeoys

1943 - Baker Brook, New Brunswick

In January 1943, following measures undertaken by the parish priest, Father Stanislas Ferland and the General Council, the Congrégation de Notre-Dame arrived at Marguerite-Bourgeoys School in Baker Brook. Father Ferland wanted to entrust the direction of the school to the sisters. In 1943, his…

Couvent de la Sainte-Famille

1871 - Bathurst-Village (Bathurst), New Brunswick

At the request of Monsignor James Rogers, Bishop of Chatham, the Congregation agreed to open a boarding school for girls in Bathust-Village in 1871. The founding Superior was Sister Saint-Hilaire (Marie-Azilda-Julie Comeau) and her companions were Sisters Sainte-Paule (Ellen Mary Lane), Sainte-…

École Notre-Dame-des-Prodiges

1943 - Kedgwick, New Brunswick

On August 26, 1943, at the request of the authorities of the Notre-Dame-des-Prodiges Parish, a group of sisters of the Congrégation de Notre-Dame left Montreal to found a school in northern New Brunswick. Their first stop was Campbellton where they were received by the Sisters of Marie-de-l’…

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame / École Saint-Pierre-aux-Liens

1874 - Caraquet, New Brunswick

The story of the convent in Caraquet began in 1869, when it was still a mere idea in the mind of Father Joseph-Marie Paquet, the pastor of the parish, who made its construction possible by bequeathing upon his death a sum of money and a piece of land for this undertaking. During the next four…

Saint Mary Academy

1869 - Newcastle (Miramichi), New Brunswick

The mission in Newcastle, which became The City of Miramichi in 1995, began on October 29, 1869 at the request of the Most Reverend Rogers, Bishop of the Chatham Diocese. The journey to Newcastle was long. Sister Saint-Stanislas, Superior (Odile Montpetit named Potvin) and Sisters Sainte-…

Constantine School

1913 - Sydney, Nova Scotia

Cornwallis School

1958 - Sydney, Nova Scotia

Cornwallis School was established in 1958 in Saint Teresa Parish in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Proposed by the Sydney School Board, the school was built to receive students from the city’s overcrowded schools. In early September 1958, it officially opened its doors to elementary level boys and girls.…

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame

1856 - Acadieville (Arichat), Nova Scotia

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame

1863 - West Arichat (Acadiaville), Nova Scotia

In 1863, the convent was established at the request of Father Hubert Girroir, parish priest of the mission in West Arichat (formerly Acadiaville). Two sisters of the Congrégation de Notre-Dame, Sister Sainte-Mélanie (Mary Purcell) and Sister Saint-Romuald (Georgianna Olivier), founded the school…

Saint Mary School

1956 - Truro, Nova Scotia

In the spring of 1956, the parish priest of Immaculate Conception parish, Father Basil C. Martin, asked the Sisters of the Congregation to teach in the new school in Truro, Nova Scotia. Father Martin wanted to establish a Catholic school that would serve the parish as well as the Amerindian…

Holy Angels Convent / Holy Angels High School

1885 - Sydney, Nova Scotia

The year 1885 saw the return of the Congrégation de Notre-Dame sisters to Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. Indeed, one of the Congregation’s very first missions – from 1727 to 1745, and later from 1749 to 1758 – had been in Louisbourg. Over a century later, at the request of Father James Quinan, pastor…

Holy Family Convent

1904 - Inverness, Nova Scotia

In 1904, Father Alexander L. McDonald asked for the Sisters of the Congregation to teach the children of the newly established parish in Inverness, Cape-Breton. The mission in Inverness, Nova Scotia, began on November 30, 1904 with the arrival of Sister Sainte- Angélina, Superior(Marie-Caroline…

Holy Redeemer Boy School

1930 - Sydney, Nova Scotia

Holy Redeemer Convent

1902 - Sydney, Nova Scotia

Morrison School

1917 - Antigonish, Nova Scotia

Mount Carmel Convent

1955 - Larry's River (Larrys River), Nova Scotia

On July 9, 1955, the province superior of the Sisters of the Congrégation de Notre-Dame, Sister Saint-Charles (Mary Winnifrede Gillis), received a telephone call from Bishop John R. MacDonald of Antigonish inviting her to meet him in Larry’s River in the county of Guysborough, Nova Scotia. Once…

Mount Carmel School

1912 - New Waterford, Nova Scotia

Mount Saint Bernard College

1883 - Antigonish, Nova Scotia

Notre Dame Convent

1959 - Baddeck, Nova Scotia

Father Sangster MacDonald, pastor in Baddeck, Nova Scotia wrote to the Congrégation de Notre-Dame in 1958 to explain the hardships in the Nyanza Amerindian Reservation and to ask for sisters to come and teach. At the beginning of September 1959, the foundress and Superior, sister Sainte Hilda…