Résultats de recherche : 211 - 240 de 1776

École Saint-Eusèbe

1897 - Montreal, Quebec

In 1897, following the foundation of Saint-Eusèbe-de-Verceil Parish in Montreal, Father Georges-Joseph Payette asked the General Council of the Congrégation de Notre-Dame to open a school for girls. On September 10, 1897, Sister Sainte-Vitaline (Marie-Delvina Thivierge) and novice Sister Sainte-…

École Saint-François-Xavier / École Notre-Dame-des-Écoles

1953 - Bassin (Îles-de-la-Madeleine), Quebec

As early as 1947, Father J.-Amédée Rioux, parish priest of Saint-François-Xavier Parish in Bassin (postal outlet Solomon), Magdalene Islands, requested that the Sisters of the Congrégation de Notre-Dame assume the direction of Saint-François-Xavier School. This was not possible because there…

École Saint-Gabriel / École Notre-Dame-des-Anges

1868 - Pointe-Saint-Charles (Montreal), Quebec

n 1868, the Sulpicians rented a house in Pointe-Saint-Charles, in Sainte-Anne Parish, to provide education to the children of the area. This house, known as Saint-Gabriel School, was located on Wellington Street. When a convent was established on Mullins Street, on May 2, 1881, Saint-Gabriel…

École Saint-Gabriel-Lalemant

1954 - Victoriaville, Quebec

On March 9, 1954, Father Antonio Parenteau, pastor of the new Saint-Gabriel-Lalemant Parish in Victoriaville, with the support of the School Commission, asked, the CND to administer the new Saint-Gabriel-Lalemant School. This branch of Saint-David School was situated on Plourde Street, between…

École Saint-Georges / École Sainte-Marie

1925 - Tétreaultville (Montreal), Quebec

École Saint-Jean-Baptiste

1951 - Joliette, Quebec

n 1946, Saint-Jean-Baptiste Parish was established in Joliette. Three years later, Saint-Jean-Baptiste School on Salaberry Street was inaugurated. This brick building was built in less than one year. It had eight classrooms on two floors and a third floor where the sisters lived. In 1951, the…

École Saint-Jude

1954 - Alma, Quebec

École Saint-Louis-de-France

1890 - Montreal, Quebec

Saint-Louis-de-France School, a branch of Académie Saint-Léon, was established in 1890 by the sisters of the Congrégation de Notre-Dame. The founders of this institution, Sister Sainte-Justine (Marie Bernard) and Sister Saint-Éloi (Marie-Émelie Caron) resided in Académie Saint-Léon and commuted…

École Saint-Luc

1937 - Quebec, Quebec

In 1916, Mr. J. B. Morissette, president of the Quebec City School Commission, built Saint-Luc School. In December 1917, the school opened its doors to receive one hundred sixty elementary and high school level students. The school was under the direction of lay teachers until 1937. In that year…

École Saint-Mathieu

1953 - Montmagny, Quebec

École Saint-Noël-Chabanel

1952 - Iberville (Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu)

Saint-Noël-Chabanel Parish in Iberville was founded in 1950. Very quickly, the need to build a school to provide education to its children was observed. Thus, in 1952, Saint-Noël-Chabanel School was established. The project was supervised by the Department of Public Instruction. This school,…

École Saint-Philippe

1958 - Windsor, Quebec

In 1956, because of school overcrowding, the Windsor School Commission decided to build a new twelve-classroom school. The following year, the commissioners asked the Congrégation de Notre-Dame to take on the responsibility of directing the school. At first, the request was refused. However,…

École Saint-Pie-X

1955 - Montmagny, Quebec

École Saint-Stanislas / École Marguerite-Lemoyne / Garneau annexe

1903 - Montreal, Quebec

In 1903, Father Stanislas Charrier, pastor of Saint-Jacques Parish in Montréal, opened a school for young girls. The Congrégation de Notre-Dame accepted the teaching mission and Sister Sainte-Marie-de-l'Incarnation (Marie-Anne-Clorinthe Rocheleau) was named Superior of Saint-Stanislas School.…

École Saint-Thomas

1953 - Montmagny, Quebec

École Saint-Thomas-Apôtre

1953 - Montreal, Quebec

École Saint-Vincent-de-Paul / École Bourgeoys-Champagnat / École Bourgeoys

1956 - Ville Jacques-Cartier (Longueuil), Quebec

In 1956, the history of Bourgeoys-Champagnat School began with the arrival of five Congrégation de Notre-Dame sisters. They were: Sister Saint-Omer-de-Luxeuil (Gratia Gratton), the superior, Sister Sainte-Marie-de-la-Purification (Victorienne Lévesque), Sister Sainte-Marie-de-Liesse (Annette…

École secondaire Margarita

1959 - Verdun (Montreal), Quebec

1960 was an important year for the Verdun School Commission. For a long time, it had wanted to build a large, new, modern school for high school level girls of the area. The magnificent plans were designed by the architects Armand Dutrisac and Athanase Grl. The new Margarita School was situated…

École secondaire Notre-Dame-de-Lourdes

1928 - Iberville (Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu)

Notre-Dame-de-Lourdes School was founded to meet a pressing need for new facilities for the student youth. Indeed, in 1928, because student population of Saint-Athanase d’Iberville Boarding School had become too large, the School Commission decided to open a school in the centre of town for the…

École secondaire régionale / École Albert-Morissette / École secondaire Le tandem

1962 - Victoriaville, Quebec

In September 1962, the girls entered the new Bois-Francs Regional High Schoolbuilt on L'Ermitage Street. Sister Saint-Raymond-de-la-Merci (Aldée Delaney), superior, was responsible for its general administration. She was assisted by Sister Saint-Philippe-de-Césarée (Aline Pilette) and…

École secondaire Saint-Luc

1958 - Montreal, Quebec

Saint-Luc High School was established in 1959 in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce Parish in Montreal. The director and founder was Sister Sainte Marie-Mathilda (Cécile Boileau) of the Congrégation de Notre-Dame; she was accompanied by eleven sisters and eight lay teachers. In September, the teachers and…

École secondaire Sœur-Sainte-Anne-Marie

1956 - Montreal, Quebec

On September 14, 1950, the Montreal Catholic School Commission bought land in Montreal between Christophe-Colomb, Gouin, Chambord and Henri-Bourassa Streets in Sainte-Madeleine-Sophie Barat Parish. In 1956, Sœur-Sainte-Anne-Marie High School was built on this land. The architect was Gaston…

École secondaire Souart / École secondaire Gabriel-Souart

1960 - Montreal, Quebec

In the spring of 1960, the Montreal School Commission announced the closure of Bourgeoys Academy and the transfer of the sisters to Souart High School, located two streets away in the same Sacré-Cœur-de-Jésus Parish. Souart School, located on the corner of Papineau and La Fontaine Streets,…

École supérieure des arts et métiers

1932 - Montreal, Quebec

In 1932, Sister Sainte-Anne-Marie (Marie-Avéline Bengle), Director General of Studies of the Congrégation de Notre-Dame, sought to bring back the workshop called La Providence, established in 1692, by Marguerite Bourgeoys. The result was the establishment of École des arts et métiers (College of…

École supérieure Notre-Dame-de-Lourdes

1929 - Verdun (Montreal), Quebec

Couvent Sainte-Famille

1703 - Boucherville, Quebec

Mont Saint-Patrice

1884 - Richmond, Quebec