Institution founded in 1937, Québec, Québec.
In 1916, Mr. J. B. Morissette, president of the Quebec City School Commission, built Saint-Luc School. In December 1917, the school opened its doors to receive one hundred sixty elementary and high school level students. The school was under the direction of lay teachers until 1937. In that year, Father Guérin, pastor of Saint-Sauveur Parish, asked the sisters of the Congrégation de Notre-Dame to teach at the school. Sister Sainte-Marie-Anna (Marguerite Durand) and Sister Saint-Aimé (Rosaria Corriveau) accepted the mandate and the school became a branch of Saint-Sauveur Convent. In 1947, Grades 10, 11 and 12 were transferred to Saint-Sauveur Convent and a business program was established. Grades 1, 2 and 3 were transferred to Saint-Luc School. The boys were moved to the new parish high school. In 1957, the School Commission decided to construct a new building to house the convent. Grades 1, 2 and 3 were then assigned to the building which housed the high school. Saint-Luc School only received Grades 4, 5, 6 and 7. In 1958, the sisters of the Congregation stopped teaching in this school when its school’s administration was once again passed on to lay personnel.
Saint-Luc School was established in 1917 to provide education to the children of Quebec City’s Saint-Sauveur Parish. During their 21-year mandate, the sisters of the Congrégation taught elementary and secondary level courses in French. The school was under the direction of the General Council of the Congrégation de Notre-Dame.
NB: This text was written using documents found in the archival holdings in our possession and does not constitute a complete administrative history of the teaching establishment.
Institution fondée en 1937
Dernière adresse : 327, rue Saint-Luc