Institution founded in 1954, Danville, Québec.
In September 1954 Immaculée-Conception School, a branch of Notre-Dame-du-Rosaire Convent, opened in Danville. The building which had formerly housed the boys’ section of Masson School changed its name and vocation to become a school for girls. Three sisters of the Congregation established this school: Sister Sainte-Photine (Léocadie Adèle Gagnon), Sister Saint-Claude-Martyr (Rita Hébert) and Sister Sainte-Monique-Maria (Monique Lévesque). Two lay teachers were also employed. The school had classes for Grades 1 to 3 and an English class. On December 12, 1954, the parishioners were invited to attend the blessing of the new school in the presence of the pastor of the parish, Father Lorenzo Ferland, and the members of the Danville School Commission. During the school’s second year, the English class was dropped and a Grade 4 class was added. At the end of the 1956 school year, the sisters of the Congregation left the school, which became the Carmelite monastery, Carmel-de-Belle-Croix. The following year, two of the three sisters who founded the school opened Masson School in Danville.
NB: This text was written using documents found in the archival holdings in our possession and does not constitute a complete administrative history of the teaching establishment.
Institution fondée en 1954
Dernière adresse : Rue du Carmel