Institution founded in 1954, Verdun (Montréal), Québec.
In 1954, the Verdun School Commission established Dupuis School thanks to Inspector J.-D. Ducharme’s support. This branch school of Notre-Dame-des-Sept-Douleurs School in the Verdun area of Montreal was located on Lasalle Boulevard. The founders were Sister Sainte-Renelle (Jeanne Fortin), Superior, Sister Saint-Arsène-d’Alexandrie (Marie-Azilda Vallière), Director, with Sister Sainte-Françoise-de-Jésus (Françoise Masse) and Sister Saint-Gérard-Maria (Magella Marleau). On September 15, 1954, Dupuis School received the surplus of students from Notre-Dame-des-Sept-Douleurs School. Four lay teachers joined the sisters to teach Grade 4 and Grade 5 to the one hundred eighty-three girls divided into six classes. Grade 6 was added and Grade 4 was eliminated for the 1955-1956 school year. From October 2 to 9, 1957, the Asian flu epidemic spread to most of the students. Classes were cancelled to allow those who had been stricken to recuperate and to avoid contaminating those who had not caught the illness. During the last school year, from September 1958 to June 1959, three sisters and four lay teachers taught one hundred eighty Grade 5 and Grade 6 girls. The school closed in July 1959. The students were able to pursue their studies in September at Notre-Dame-des-Sept-Douleurs School or at the new Margarita High School.
NB: This text was written using documents found in the archival holdings in our possession and does not constitute a complete administrative history of the teaching establishment.
Verdun (Montreal), Quebec
Institution fondée en 1954
Dernière adresse : 3891, boulevard Lasalle