In 1693, fire destroyed the house purchased by Marguerite Bourgeoys. The only part that was spared was the milk house, which still stands today. The large stone farm house was rebuilt on its original foundations. An extension on the west side of the house was added in 1826. The building, known today as Maison Saint-Gabriel, was designated a national historic site in June 2007. It includes a museum of 17th century rural life and of the Filles du Roy.