Queen of the Angels School

Institution founded in 1960, Ottawa, Ontario.

Queen of Angels Elementary School opened its doors on September 3, 1960 on Heron Road, in the Alta Vista district. At the request of the Ottawa Separate School Board, the Congregation agreed to take on the administration of this new school. The school was a branch of Notre Dame Convent which, at that time, was building a new campus on neighbouring lots. There were 227 students during the first year, of whom 60 were transferred from Saint Rita’s School, Carleton Heights. Sister Saint Barbara Ann (Barbara Ann Keane) was appointed Superior and worked closely with Sister Saint Maureen of the Saviour (Maureen Farrell), who taught in the school. They lived at Notre Dame Convent on the Gloucester campus, probably until 1965 when the English speaking Sisters took possession of the English language residence on the new Campanile campus. The school was administered by the Congregation until the summer of 1971.

NB: This text was written using documents found in the archival holdings in our possession and does not constitute a complete administrative history of the teaching establishment.

A picture of this institution is unavailable. Do you have one we could use?

Queen of the Angels School

Queen of the Angels School

Ottawa, Ontario

Institution fondée en 1960

Dernière adresse : 1461, Heron Road

Notez que nous ne sommes pas en mesure d'indiquer l'emplacement exact de ce bâtiment. Le lieu affiché est le plus précis selon nos connaissances actuelles.

1461, Heron Road