Teaching the soldiers children at École Bonsecours
Founded in 1838 by the Sulpicians, Bonsecours School was entrusted to the Sisters of the Congrégation de Notre-Dame. There they taught the children of the Catholic officers in British regiments who lived, until 1846, in barracks near Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours Chapel and on Île Sainte-Hélène. During the rebellions of 1837-1838, the Congrégation de Notre-Dame continued to teach in Montreal without too many incidents. However, activities had to be interrupted in schools in Saint-Denis and Saint-Eustache because of armed conflicts.