Résultats de recherche : 91 - 120 de 1774

Academy of Our lady of Good Counsel

1891 - Montreal, Quebec

In the 19th century, Canada experienced a large wave of immigration from the United Kingdom, specifically from Ireland. Because of poor harvests in their country, many Irish families immigrated to Quebec,…

Collège Regina Assumpta

1955 - Montreal, Quebec

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame

1825 - Berthier (Berthierville), Quebec

Almost two centuries ago, in 1825, Berthier Convent was established, under the leadership of the parish priest of Sainte-Geneviève de Berthier, Father Louis Lamothe. With the support of Bishop Plessis of Quebec, the building was constructed on a piece of land which belonged to him. The two men…

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame

1844 - Châteauguay, Quebec

At the request of Father Jean-Baptiste Bourassa, pastor of Châteauguay Parish, the Congrégation de Notre-Dame opened a convent providing education to the girls of the Montérégie region. A stone house was built on the land of the Fabrique of Saint-Joachim. On September 24, 1844, Sister Sainte-…

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame

1847 - L'Assomption, Quebec

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame

1887 - Beauport (Quebec), Quebec

In 1886, at the request of Parish Priest Adolphe Ignace Irénée Légaré and of his brother Cyrille Légaré, vicar general of the archbishopric of Quebec, a convent-school was built next to Nativité-de-Notre-Dame Church in Beauport. In 1887, three teaching sisters of the Congrégation de Notre-Dame…

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame

1783 - Saint-Denis-sur-Richelieu, Quebec

In April 1774, Mr. Pierre Claude Pecaudy, seigneur de Contrecœur, ceded a piece of land to Father François Cherrier, pastor of Saint-Denis, in order to build a convent-school for the education of girls. It was completed in 1783 and the Congrégation de Notre-Dame agreed to fulfill the mission.…

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame

1849 - Sainte-Croix, Quebec

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame

1823 - Sainte-Marie-de-Beauce (Sainte-Marie), Quebec

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame

1849 - Saint-Eustache, Quebec

Although teaching at Saint-Eustache Boarding School did not start until 1849, its history began a little over twenty years earlier. As a gesture of thanks for the renovations made to Saint-Eustache Church, the parish priest, Jacques Paquin, funded the construction of a convent and, in 1928, he…

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame

1816 - Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec

When Father Antoine Girouard arrived as parish priest in Saint-Hyacinthe Parish (Yamaska) in 1805, he was disappointed to see that there was no school. In 1816, after many years of negotiations, he established in the parish a high school for boys and a boarding school for girls, the latter under…

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame

1858 - Trois-Pistoles, Quebec

In 1858 Father Léon Roy proposed the establishment of a convent in Trois-Pistoles to provide Notre-Dame-des-Neiges Parish with a school for girls. At his own expense, he built a two-story wood structure on land which belonged to the Archdiocese of Québec. With the consent of Bishop Turgeon,…

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame / École Marguerite-Bourgeoys

1847 - Sainte-Thérèse-de-Blainville (Sainte-Thérèse), Quebec

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame / École normale de Baie-Saint-Paul / École régionale de Charlevoix

1848 - Baie-Saint-Paul, Quebec

Les Sœurs de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame’s long history with Baie-Saint-Paul began in 1848 with the establishment of the convent-school. In 1833, Bishop Signay of Quebec envisioned building a parish convent on a piece of land bequeathed him by the former pastor of Baie-Saint-Paul. Bishop…

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame / École Sainte-Marguerite-du-Lac

1676 - Lac-des-Deux-Montagnes (Oka), Quebec

The establishment of Sainte-Marguerite-du-Lac School in Oka stems from the expansion of one of the oldest Sulpician institutions founded in Ville-Marie (Montreal): the Mountain Mission. Two of the fort towers, dating back to 1684, can still be seen on Sherbrooke Street West, in Montreal. In 1676…

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame / École supérieure Notre-Dame / École secondaire Notre-Dame-de-Roc-Amadour / École secondaire Notre-Dame

1886 - Windsor Mills (Windsor), Quebec

Without a doubt, the Sisters of the Congrégation de Notre-Dame, who were in the Parish of Windsor Mills in the Eastern Townships for more than one hundred years, left their mark on its history. The Congregation’s involvement began in 1886, when the bishop of Sherbrooke received a request for the…

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame / Pensionnat Notre-Dame-de-la-Trinité

1690 - Pointe-aux-Trembles (Montreal), Quebec

Pointe-aux-Trembles Convent was one of the first permanent schools founded by Marguerite Bourgeoys and her companions on the island of Montreal. From 1678, the Congrégation de Notre-Dame sisters contributed to the development of the community’s religious and educational services. At that time,…

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame / Pensionnat Notre-Dame-du-Rosaire

1906 - Danville, Quebec

On September 5, 1906, at the request of Father Joseph-Euclide Hébert, two sisters of the Congregation arrived in Danville to establish a mission. A few months preceding the sisters’ arrival, Father Hébert purchased a property near the presbytery. For eighteen months, the founders of the Danville…

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame / Pensionnat Sainte-Victoire

1878 - Victoriaville, Quebec

In 1878, at the request of Pastor Édouard Laflèche and the leading citizens of Sainte-Victoire Parish in Victoriaville, Bishop Louis-François Laflèche authorized the building of Sainte-Victoire Convent, on the condition that the sisters of the Congrégation de Notre-Dame agree to direct it and…

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame / Pensionnat Saint-François

1763 - Saint-François-de-Sales-de-la-Rivière-du-Sud (Saint-François-de-la-Rivière-du-Sud), Quebec

Couvent de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame de Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures

1882 - Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures (Quebec), Quebec

In 1881, Father François Pilote began planning to have a convent built in his parish of Saint-Augustin-de-Portneuf. With the assistance of Father Amable Blanchet and by expending a large part of his own revenues, he was able to bring his project to fruition. The Congrégation de Notre-Dame was…